Friday, December 2, 2016
Global Research, December 01, 2016
The Angry Arab News Service 30 November 2016
Rami Jarrah (who is widely cited as an authority by mainstream Western media) posted the Arabic leaflet dropped by Syrian government forces and the English translation by Human Rights Watch, which has been widely circulated.
I will provide to you my translation of the original Arabic and you judge how reliable the translation by Human Rights Watch is. [Moreover they have shortened the text of the message]
The Arabic says (in full):
“Read and Repeat. This is the last hope. Save yourselves.
If you don’t evacuate those areas soon, you shall be finished off (or vanquished or destroyed).
WE have provided you with a safe passage to exit. Take your decision fast. Save yourselves.
You know that all have abandoned you and left you by yourselves to face your destiny and they won’t provide you with any help. General Command of the army and armed forces.”
PS The word annihilation is very specific and has an equal Arabic equivalent “Ibadah” which does not appear in the original Arabic.
[The substance of the message is turned upside down in the English translation. It does not mention that the government is providing exit and safe passage to the Al Qaeda rebels.]
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Aleppo announces the end of the regional Turkey … it votes in France حلب تُعلن نهاية تركيا الإقليمية … وتصوّت في فرنسا
ديسمبر 1, 2016
Written by Nasser Kandil,
Within two sequent days the Syrian army and the allies succeeded in a sudden accelerated way in resolving tens of the neighborhoods in the eastern of Aleppo recording a qualitative military development that equals half of the victory’s way and the acceleration of the second half. The debate at any level is no longer related to the status of Aleppo in the war on Syria even if the voices of denial emerge to depreciate the status of Aleppo after they raised it to a position that equals the whole war. Aleppo is the second capital of Syria but it is the gate of the regional role of Turkey. Simply it can be said that without the Turkish role in the war on Syria there was no war. Turkey has changed the course of war by the force of geography and by the motive of illusions till it can be said that as Turkey was the key of the war on Syria, Aleppo is the key of the Turkish role.
It was clear that since the Turkish retreat in order to normalize the relations with Russia, the Ottoman Turkey has faded without return and there was an attempt of rehabilitation in Ankara to draw the Turkish regional role in the region. The result was not realistic it based on the pretention to be clever and arrogance due to the assumption of the ability to grab a role in Syria and Iraq entitled an influence that affects Mosul and Aleppo, so it has moved and intervened on that basis. The Turks along with the Qataris have tried till the last moment to support the armed groups in Aleppo, as they have tried to make Al Bab city a goal for their armies publicly; moreover they planned to create a similar scene in Mosul, they made Tal Afar one of their red lines, but what has happened and what is going to happen in Aleppo says that the starting of the end of the Turkish regional role will be awesome, because there is no longer humility in the demands and aspirations till it became an outcome of an equation either winning everything or losing everything, here it is towards losing everything. Turkey might be the saver which ends the battle in Aleppo politically by announcing the exit of Al Nusra front and the joining of the other groups, knowing that all of them belong to Ankara from Ahrar Al Sham to the group of Nour Din Zanki to the system of the truce, but now all of them are crushed and dismantled along with the regional role of Turkey.
With the loss of the bet on Aleppo where the Turks said that it is a war of a year at least and after putting red lines that prevent Turkey from progressing towards Al Bab city and the same towards Tal Afar. Turkey becomes a décor in the equations of the region; after the Muslim Brotherhood has become a décor as well in the scene of the terrorism which is led by Al-Qaeda organization. Now the Turkish government is seeking for an honorable solution from Moscow after it was prevented from progressing towards Al Bab and a similar solution for preventing it towards Tal Afar and Mosul from Tehran, by announcing the understanding on sticking to the unity of Syria and Iraq, and accepting applying the items of the security understanding with China by making the leader of Uighur group the responsible of the extremists of the Chinese descent.
Meantime, while France was witnessing the resounding news coming from Aleppo announcing the victories of the Syrian army, it was waging the elections of choosing the presidential candidate for the center-right who will probably become the new President of France. Between Alain Juppe and Francois Fillon and despite the intergradation between economy and politics Syria was the crossroad, Juppe wanted the traditional slogans like his predecessors as Hillary Clinton in America; the hostile position against Syria and the nonsense speech about a war on terrorism without a cooperation with Russia and without a coordination with the Syrian country, as well as sticking to the Syrian opposition which everyone knows that it is just a purse for filling the militants of Al-Qaeda organization, while Fillon is as Donald Trump through his harsh populist racist national speech calling to get out of hypocrisy and arrogance, and to stick to the French interests in confronting the terrorism and a solution for the flow of the refugees. This means the preparation to coordinate with the Syrian country and its army. So the victory in Aleppo is a golden vote for Fillon at the ballot boxes.
Syria formulates the equations of the new world in a race between savage globalization that globalizes the terrorism and a harsh nationalism through which the nations and the people reevaluate their considerations and reposition behind the lines of the obvious interests not behind the illusions and the imperial dreams under false slogans entitled democracy, which its promotion is funded by the Gulf countries and which are waged by virtual armies entitled oppositions which do not form more than fabricated banners made to cover the issue of giving the security of the Mediterranean Sea to Al-Qaeda organization. While the obvious national interests say that the way for resolving the crisis of the flow of the displaced people is by the recovering of the Syrian country and getting rid of terrorism. As the savage globalization was passing through destroying the walls of Syria and its solid structures to ensure the passage of oil and gas pipelines even under the guarding of Al-Qaeda, the rising harsh cross-world nationalism which means the globalized seems that it has a mandatory way, it is supporting the recovering of Syria, the national country, because solving the issue of the refugees in Europe and the prevention of sending the terrorism to its capitals reflect the common European nationalisms and pass by enhancing the Syrian nationalism and supporting it to be a solid barrier that protects the social and the political security of the West
Translated by Lina Shehadeh,
حلب تُعلن نهاية تركيا الإقليمية … وتصوّت في فرنسا
نوفمبر 28, 2016
خلال يومين متتاليين نجح الجيش السوري والحلفاء بحسم مفاجئ ومتسارع لعشرة أحياء في شرق حلب، مسجلاً تطوراً عسكرياً نوعياً يعادل نصف طريق النصر وتسارع النصف الثاني، ولم يعُد للنقاش في أيّ مستوى الحديث عن مكانة حلب في الحرب على سورية، ولو خرجت أصوات الإنكار تهوّن من مكانة حلب الآن بعدما رفعتها إلى مقام يعادل كلّ الحرب، حلب عاصمة سورية الثانية ولكنها بوابة الدور الإقليمي لتركيا، ويمكن ببساطة القول لولا الدور التركي في الحرب على سورية، لما كانت هذه الحرب، فهي الثقل الذي غيّر مجرى الحرب بقوة الجغرافيا وبدفع الأوهام حتى صار يصحّ القول، كما إنّ تركيا مفتاح الحرب على سورية، فحلب هي مفتاح الدور التركي.
– كان واضحاً منذ التراجع التركي طلباً للتطبيع مع روسيا، أنّ تركيا العثمانية قد ولّت إلى غير رجعة، وأنّ إعادة توصيف مرنة تجري في أنقرة لرسم الدور الإقليمي التركي في المنطقة، وجاءت الحصيلة غير واقعية تستند للتذاكي والغرور، بفرضية القدرة على انتزاع دور في سورية والعراق عنوانه نفوذ يطال الموصل وحلب، ورسمت أطر الحركة والتدخل على هذا الأساس، وحاول الأتراك ومعهم قطر حتى اللحظة الأخيرة تقديم حقن الدعم للجماعات المسلحة في حلب، كما حاولوا جعل مدينة الباب هدفاً لدخول جيشهم علناً، ورسموا للموصل مشهداً مماثلاً وجعلوا تلعفر واحداً من خطوطهم الحمر. لكن ما جرى ويجري وسيجري في حلب يقول إنّ بداية النهاية لهذا الدور الإقليمي التركي تأتي مروّعة، فقد غاب التواضع في الطلبات والتطلعات حتى صارت نتيجة معادلة ربح كلّ شيء أو خسارة كلّ شيء، هي خسارة كلّ شيء، وإلا لكانت تركيا عراب الحلّ الذي ينهي المعركة في حلب سياسياً بإعلان خروج جبهة النصرة وانضمام سائر الجماعات وكلها تابعة لأنقرة من أحرار الشام إلى جماعة نور الدين زنكي لمنظومة الهدنة، لكن ها هم جميعاً يُسحَقون ويتفكّكون، ومعهم يسقط الدور الإقليمي لتركيا.
– مع خسارة رهان حلب الذي قال الأتراك إنه حرب سنة على الأقل، وترسيم خطوط حمر تمنع تركيا من التقدم نحو مدينة الباب، ومثلها نحو تلعفر، تصير تركيا ديكوراً تجميلياً في معادلات المنطقة، وقد صار الأخوان المسلمون ديكوراً تجميلياً في مشهد الإرهاب الذي يقوده تنظيم القاعدة. وها هي الحكومة التركية تتسوّل حلاً مشرفاً لمنعها من التقدّم نحو الباب من موسكو وحلاً مشابهاً مثله لمنعها من التقدّم نحو تلعفر والموصل من طهران بإعلان التفاهم على التمسك بوحدة سورية والعراق، وترتضي تطبيق بنود التفاهم الأمني مع الصين بتسليم زعيم جماعة الإيغور المتطرفين من أصول صينية.– على إيقاع موازٍ كانت فرنسا تشهد مع دوي الأنباء الآتية من حلب معلنة انتصارات الجيش السوري، تخوض انتخابات اختيار المرشح الرئاسي ليمين الوسط الذي سيصير على الأرجح رئيس فرنسا المقبل، وبين ألان جوبيه وفرانسوا فيون، رغم تداخل الاقتصادي بالسياسي كانت سورية هي المفترق، حيث يردّد جوبيه شعارات سابقيه التقليدية، كما هيلاري كلينتون في أميركا، النبرة العدائية لسورية والكلام الفارغ عن حرب على الإرهاب دون تعاون مع روسيا وتنسيق مع الدولة السورية، وتمسك أعرج بمعادلة معارضة سورية يعرف القاصي والداني، أنها مجرد كيس لتعبئة مسلّحي تنظيم القاعدة، بربطة عنق. بينما فيون، كما دونالد ترامب، بخطاب وطنية فجّة شعبوية وعنصرية، يدعو للخروج من النفاق والغرور، والوقوف عند حدود المصالح الفرنسية بمواجهة مع الإرهاب وحل لتدفق اللاجئين، وهذا يعني الاستعداد للتنسيق مع الدولة السورية وجيشها، وكان نصر حلب صوتاً ذهبياً لفيون في صناديق الاقتراع.
– سورية تصيغ معادلات العالم الجديد في سباق بين عولمة متوحشة تعولم معها الإرهاب، وبين وطنية فجة تراجع فيها الأمم والشعوب حساباتها وتتواضع لتتموضع خلف خطوط المصالح الواضحة، لا خلف الأوهام والأحلام الإمبراطورية بشعارات كاذبة عنوانها الديمقراطية، التي تمول تعميمها دول الخليج، وتخوضها جيوش افتراضية اسمها المعارضات التي لا تشكل أكثر من يافطات مصنعة لتغطية تسليم أمن البحر المتوسط لتنظيم القاعدة. والمصالح الوطنية الواضحة تقول إن طريق حل أزمة تدفق النازحين هي بقيامة الدولة السورية، ومثلها إبعاد شبح الإرهاب، ومثلما كانت العولمة المتوحشة تمرّ بتكسير جدران سورية وتحطيم صخورها الصلبة، لضمان مرور أنابيب النفط والغاز ولو بحراسة تنظيم القاعدة ودفع الخوة له مقابل ذلك، تبدو الوطنية الفجة الصاعدة والعابرة للعالم، أي المعولمة، لها ممر إلزامي هو مساندة قيامة سورية، الدولة الوطنية، باعتبار حل قضية اللاجئين في أوروبا ومنع تصدير الإرهاب إلى عواصمها يعبران عن مشتركات الوطنيات الأوروبية، ويمران بتعزيز الوطنية السورية والاستثمار عليها كجدار صلب يحمي أمن الغرب الاجتماعي والسياسي والأمني.
- أحياء حلب المحتلة تتساقط كأحجار الدومينو أمام تقدم الجيش العربي السوري وسط انهيار للمسلحين
- أعداء سورية يتجرّعون السمّ من جديد
- أنقرة لطهران وموسكو: الرسالة وصلت… هل يجرؤ إردوغان على احتلال الباب؟
- فوز فيون في الانتخابات التمهيدية ليمين الوسط الفرنسي
- احتكاك عرَضي في الجولان… لا يلغي الدور الوظيفي لـ«داعش»
By Paul Antonopoulos –
Erdogan admits Turkey illegally entered Syria to fight Government and not terrorists as originally claimed
Posted on November 30, 2016 by michaellee2009
Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, stated on Tuesday that his army entered Syria in order to end the reign of Syrian President, Bashar Al-Assad, and bring justice to Syrians.
“Why did we enter? We do not have an eye on Syrian soil. The issue is to provide lands to their real owners. That is to say we are there for the establishment of justice. We entered there to end the rule of the tyrant al-Assad who terrorizes with state terror. [We didn’t enter] for any other reason,” Erdogan stated.
Erdogan alleges nearly 1 million people have died in Syria, despite the fact no monitoring or humanitarian group has put the death toll this high.
“In my estimation, nearly 1 million people have died in Syria. These deaths are still continuing without exception for children, women and men. Where is the United Nations? What is it doing? Is it in Iraq? No. We preached patience but could not endure in the end and had to enter Syria together with the Free Syrian Army [FSA],” Erdoğan said at the first Inter-Parliamentary Jerusalem Platform Symposium in Istanbul.
The Turkish Army illegally entered Syria in August 2016, claiming that they were focused on defeating the so-called “Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham” (ISIS) in northern Aleppo; this did not prove to be the case, as they have repeatedly attacked the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) near the border.
USA doesn't understand the basic concepts of International Law. "Airstrike on Syrian troops not illegal because it was an accident"
US: Air strikes killing dozens of Syrian troops legal
Pentagon investigation shows US-led coalition bombed Syrian army loyalists after mistaking them for ISIL fighters.
An investigation has found air strikes by the US-led coalition that reportedly killed dozens of troops fighting for the Syrian government did not violate international law, the US military said.
The targets of the strikes near the Syrian city of Deir Az Zor were misidentified as ISIL fighters on September 17, but they turned out to be loyalists of the Syrian army, the US Air Forces Central Command said in a statement on Tuesday.
“Although air strikes likely hit forces aligned with the government of Syria, the strikes were conducted under a good faith belief that the strikes were targeting Daesh, in accordance with the law of armed conflict and the applicable rules of engagement,” it said, using an Arabic acronym for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
It added that evidence showed there wasn’t “a deliberate disregard of targeting procedures or the rules of engagement”.
Russia said 62 Syrian soldiers were killed and at least 100 more wounded. The attack was the first known direct strike by the US-led coalition on forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
Brigadier General Richard Coe, the investigating officer, said a number of “human factors” contributed to the misidentification.
“In my opinion, these were a number of people all doing their best to do a good job,” Coe said. “In many ways these forces looked and acted like the Daesh forces the coalition has been targeting for the last two years.”
Al Jazeera’s Rosiland Jordan, reporting from Washington DC, said there was no information on whether anyone was being punished for the series of human errors that led to the deadly incident.
She also noted prior to the attack the coalition tried to communicate information about the planned air raid with Russia to make sure Russian or Syrian fighter jets would not be in the area getting in their way
The Russians were not able to get back in touch with their coalition point of contact on time, she said.
“When the coalition found out that the targeted fighters were known to the Russians, the strikes stopped,” said Jordan.
The United States, Australia, Denmark and Britain participated in the attack.
Syria denounced the air strike and said it was “conclusive evidence” of US support for ISIL, calling it “dangerous and blatant aggression”.
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- Acting US Administration is still trying to reach an agreement with Russia, given which siege of Aleppo would be stopped in return for division of the Syrian opposition and terror groups. As the Washington Post reported, with a reference to representatives in the State Department, namely John Kerry, the Secretary of State, is dealing with it. He keeps making every effort to reach a deal with Russia on the Syrian Aleppo, despite his soon stepping down.
- Kerry realizes that Trump may reach quite another type of agreement with Moscow, he may go the length of a deal which would leave the Syrian opposition to the mercy of fate and would place Washington squarely on the side of the president Bashar al-Assad.
- Among those efforts aimed at prompt achievement of an agreement with Russia on Syria phone talks between Kerry and his Russian colleague Sergey Lavrov are named, as they were carried out 2 times a week. Beside that, he has had negotiations on the issue with the US allies in Abu Dhabi this month and calls to engage Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey and even Iran in negotiations.
- Meanwhile, the Syrian government troops have significantly advanced for the last two days towards eastern areas of Aleppo. Most of buildings have been liberated from Jabhat al-Nusra and other terrorist gangsters. Thousands of civilian residents have been withdrawn from combat areas with the help of the Syrian Arab Army and its allied forces on the ground.
- Kerry is in panic, as the rest of ‘cannibals’ of the Obama’s administration.
TIGER, TIGER BURNING BRIGHT!!; AL-SHAYKH SA’EED LIBERATED IN ALEPPO! SYRIAN ARMY CONTINUES ONSLAUGHT AGAINST THE SAUDI-QATARI-SUPPORTED JACKALS;
Maj. General Suhayl Al-Hassan in photos demonstrating the elegant triumphs of his Republican Guards. (Thanks, Khaled)
https://www.facebook.com/Hispantv/videos/1241318579264280/ (Thanks, Silvia Iranova)
They are leaving East Aleppo by the thousands. Some estimates are putting the number of citizens now under the protection of the Syrian Army at over 3,000. Half of the number is children leaving with their parents. Of interest to all of you is the fact that 180+ rodents have taken advantage of secure corridors to depart East Aleppo for Idlib. Based on information from our sources, all the escaping rodents are Syrians. No such permission has been given to foreigners. Any foreign terrorist attempting to leave will be arrested and executed on the spot. This is especially true for Saudi Arabians, Qataris and other forms of simian trash.
Syrian soldier in Aleppo watching the last rodents departing. (Thanks, Khaled Nawaz Al-Nouri)
AL-BAAB: The Syrian Army is only 5 kms now from the frontier town of Al-Baab. This will be a watershed moment in the history of this conflict in that it will bring the Turkish Army and the Syrian Army into possible direct confrontation. At a minimum, it will pit the Turk-supported terrorists of the FSA against the SAA. If, as I suspect, the FSA is destroyed, it might bring in the Turks to save them. Once this happens, Russia will intervene on Syrian soil essentially barring NATO from any excuse to assist Ankara. As of right now, the SAA is supported by the YPG. The army is at Tal ‘Unayb and Sha’aalamoving toward Irziq which overlooks Al-Baab. Another report informs us that the SAA is only 1km away from forces aligned with Turkey under the title of “Euphrates Shield”.
I am sure many of you have been reading about the pandemonium sweeping the rodent cells in what parts of Aleppo they are still holding. We have reports of intercepted communications describing raging conversations over non-secure lines expressing an absolute breakdown in morale and faith in terrorist commanders. According to Wael in Latakia, one such exchange contained a mention of ‘Abdullah Al-Muhaysini:
Voice of Commander: “Don’t trouble yourself with things that don’t concern you. Al-Shaykh ‘Abdullah is working on it with our Turk brothers.”
The response from the beleaguered terrorist field commander in Aleppo sounded:
“F&^%$#K this Saudi! What’s he going to do? Pray for us?”
This morning I received a report that the Syrian Army has faced off with the Turk-supported Turkestaani militias and the “FSA”. This is taking place at a village called Al-Azraq (northwest of Al-Baab) which is viewed by all sides as critical for the liberation of Al-Baab. The PYG is very much involved with the SAA. The PYG has wrested control of a village called Allooshaa from the FSA yesterday near Manbij. The SAA reportedly now controls the following villages, all conquered during the last 10 days: Baabinis, Tal Shu’ayr, Haleessa, Al-Shaykh Kayf, Jawba, Nayrabiyya.
Al-Shaykh Sa’eed: Another important Aleppan base for the terrorist rodents was liberated this morning by the Syrian Army. Al-Shaykh Sa’eed saw its last vermin leave last night abandoning all fortifications and arms caches.
Al-Jawlaani seen smiling in this picture. He’s not smiling today.
The leader of the terrorist Alqaeda franchise in Syria, Abu Muhammad Al-Jawlaani, (real name: Usaamaa Al-‘Absi Al-Waahidi) is so terrified by the new developments in Aleppo that he is now defying Ankara’s goodwill by sending the second-ranking leader of the Nusra group to Al-Raqqa to meet with agents of ISIS. The purpose of sending Abu Maariyyaa Al-Qahtaani is quite obvious: he wants to bury the hatchet and begin a new era of cooperation with ISIS in order to preserve what he has left of his cannibal criminal group. There are no hints yet as to what the emissary has accomplished and we don’t know what position ISIS has staked out as far as leadership is concerned. What we do know is that both groups are on their way to oblivion.
It appears Al-Qahtaani traveled from Turkey by way of the village of Qasr Ibn Wardaanin Homs, a place conquered by ISIS after ejecting Jund Al-Aqsaa from it about 3 months ago. From intercepted communications between the groups, it appears ISIS gave assurances that the second-ranking leader would not be harmed by ISIS.
With planning going on apace in Damascus, the SAAF is preparing the way for a massive assault on Hama and Idlib. As we reported months ago based on exclusive information from our sources, 10,000 Afghan and Iranian volunteers are in position to descend down into the Waadi Al-Ghaab to take back Jisr Al-Shughoor. The only impediment now is the village of Kobaani which the Turks are desperate to hold at all costs. During the last 4 days, the SAAF has struck Mork, Sukayk, North Sooraan, Khaan Shaykhoon, Al-Tamaani’a, north Abu Dhuhoor. Reports are that many Jaysh Al-Fath leaders have been killed in the aerial attacks with scores of vehicles destroyed and fortifications brought down.
DAMASCUS: ZIONIST AIR ATTACK HITS NOTHING. This Wednesday morning, Zionist aircraft flying over helpless Lebanon, fired four rockets at the village of Sabbooracausing no damage and destroying nothing. Syrian news reports speculate that the attack was meant to buttress the failing morale of Zionism’s major Islamist ally, Nusra/Alqaeda, which is now seeking an alliance with ISIS, as we wrote herein-above. The Zionist press claims the attack was on a weapons delivery to Hizbollah.
PICTURE OF THE DAY: COMMEMORATING THE LIFE AND DEATH OF CUBA’S GIANT, EL HEFE, FIDEL CASTRO. BY ORDER OF THE PRESIDENT OF SYRIA, A DAY OF MOURNING FOR THE IMMORTAL LEADER OF CUBA:
(Photo courtesy of the Ba’ath Party)
NEWS AND COMMENT:
Note the Syrian-developed thermal sight on our T-72 tanks and how it has changed the way urban warfare takes place in Syria. (Thanks to John, Esq.)
Afraa Dagher shows us how our SAA has to smuggle citizens out of East Aleppo to escape America’s “moderate” cannibals:
- Syrian Arab Army liberates Mid’ani village in Eastern Ghouta
- Thousands of locals exit eastern neighborhoods of Aleppo escorted to safety by Syrian Army’s heroes
- Putin orders mobile hospitals to be sent to residents of Aleppo
- Syrian Battlefields, Latest Military Reports ~ East and Northeast Aleppo areas liberated, members of terrorist gangs surrendered, fleeing or killed, more successful military operations in other part of the Country ~ [Reports]
- تشوركين: الجيش السوري حقق نصراً معنوياً بحلب.. تشوركين: روسيا تشترط فصل إرهابيي “جبهة النصرة” عن “المعارضة” لوقف الأعمال القتالية في حلب.
- غرفة العمليات المشتركة: التزام الجيش السوري وحلفائه بتحرير شرق حلب قرار لا رجعة عنه
- رويترز : الكرملين يطلب من تركيا تفسير تصريح إردوغان عن الأسد
- الدفاع الروسية: أكثر من 18 ألف مدني خرجوا من الأحياء الشرقية لحلب بفضل نجاحات الجيش السوري
- رويترز : الكرملين يطلب من تركيا تفسير تصريح إردوغان عن الأسد
On November 28, Jabhat Fatah al-Sham (formerly Jabhat al-Nusra, the Syrian branch of al-Qaeda) and its allies officially surrendered the western Ghouta towns of Khan al-Shih and Zakiyah to government forces. In total about 3,000 militants and civilians were set to be evacuated to Idlib province from these villages via green buses. Militants had handed over at least two ZSU-23-4 Shilka guns and other military equipment the Syrian army.
On November 29, the advance of Syrian government forces continued in eastern Aleppo. Following the previous gains, the Syrian army, Liwa al-Quds and other pro-government groups have further pushed to the militant held area and liberated Talat al Barakat and the Scientific Research housing area south of Jabal Badro and launched fresh operations at Tareeq al-Bab and at the Ma’saraniyah Youth Housing
The army also keeps the option to split the remaining pocket into two, launching an advance in the direction of Aleppo Citadel. The control over strategic Police Hill in Marjeh allows government forces to launch such an operation.
Government engineers are working to relaunch the water pumping station in the Suleiman al-Halabi Neighborhood that was liberated from militants yesterday. “Moderate rebels” had used the control over the station to cut off the water supplies to the local population of Aleppo, punishing people avoiding to support adherents of al-Qaeda-style democracy. When the station is relaunched, the water crisis in Aleppo will end.
Separately, the Syrian army and the Kurdish YPG jointly waved flags over the highest building in the Bustan al-Pasha Neighborhood, confirming the recent facts of cooperation between two forces in Aleppo area. Following militants runaway from northeastern Aleppo, Kurdish YPG forces had entered some areas and filled the vacuum. Now, Syrian government forces and Kurdish YPG units have a joint-control over some points in Bustan al-Basha, al-Halek and Ayn al-Tell.
At the same time, the Syrian army and the Kurdish YPG advanced against Turkey-led militant coalition east of Aleppo city and captured the village of Azraq from it, deploying roughly 5km from al-Bab. With recent reports about airstrikes on the Turkish military by the Syrian Air Force in northern Syria and ongoing heavy clashes between Turkish forces and YPG units east of al-Bab, the army-YPG advance in the area delivers a major blow to Ankara’s hopes of military expansion in the war-torn country. In other case, this could lead to further military escalation if the Erdogan regime decides to deploy more military force to achieve its goals in Syria.
In the past few days the “Israelis” faced one of the worst brushfires in the Zionist history. Nearly a thousand hectares of forests and rural areas have been destroyed in the illegal settlements of Zichron Ya’acov, Neveh Shalom, Modi’in, Neveh Ilan and Nataf. Tens of thousands were evacuated from their illegal places in the Haifa area alone.
“Israel’s” under-staffed firefighting forces were confronting day and night to stop the flames from spreading.
Meanwhile, firefighters and equipment from abroad provided important backup.
What were to happen if “Israel’s” emergency teams were forced to deal with a large-scale brush fire while facing a missile offensive launched by Hizbullah from southern Lebanon?, the Jerusalem Post wonders.
According to the paper, this is not a far-fetched scenario. Depending on the season, a barrage of rockets and missiles landing in the occupied territories could easily spark a major brushfire bigger than the one that spread across the occupied lands over the past few days. If Katyusha rockets landed in dry brush after a long period of drought at a time of high winds, they could easily ignite huge fires.
The paper further claimed that “if Hizbullah were to launch a major rocket and missile offensive against “Israel”, the “Israeli” response would likely be particularly devastating, not because “Israel” relishes destroying south Lebanon, but because the Hizbullah has purposely placed a large amount of its ballistic arsenal in civilian areas.”
Speaking last week at The Jerusalem Post Diplomatic Conference in the occupied city of al-Quds, Brig.-Gen. Ram Yavne, head of the Zionist army’s Strategic Division, warned that one-third of Hizbullah weapons are stashed in or under private homes in Shi’ite villages in southern Lebanon, the JP went on saying.
…”Israel” should prepare for a scenario in which it receives no help from the international community in extinguishing fires caused by Hizbullah rockets.
The fires of the last few days were a humbling reminder that, even under ideal diplomatic conditions, with “Israel” receiving support from abroad for its firefighting efforts, a large-scale fire can cause major damage.
“Israel” must begin preparing for a situation in which international aid is not forthcoming and firefighting efforts are being carried out in the midst of a rocket “offensive” launched by Hizbullah, the JP concluded.
Source: Jerusalem Post, Edited by website team
29-11-2016 | 13:07